Many of you might not have heard of the ARRIS / Motorola Surfboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. Well this review is about to change that. The Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 is a cable modem capable of high-bandwidth data and multimedia streaming. Utilizing the power of DOCSIS 3.0, the SurfBoard SB6141 enables channel bonding of up to eight downstream channels and four upstream channels. Which gives you some very nice advanced multimedia services with data rates of over 300 Mbps for received data and over 100 Mbps when sending data. It unlocks the potential of offering innovative high-bandwidth data and multimedia services to customers.
It‘s compatible with Windows, Macintosh and UNIX computers and it‘s DOCSIS 3.0 compatibility supports Ipv4 and Ipv6 expanded network addressing and enhanced security. It‘s an economic option for ultra-broadband. So those how are on a budget, but still want to ultra high speed option, the SurfBoard SB6141 is a very good bet. It‘s sturdy and easy to understand design gives is an assurance that you don‘t need to be a high tech guru to be able to understand and use it. There is also a very good an explaining manual that comes with it so you shouldn‘t run into any trouble, like understanding the easy-to-read front-panel operational status LEDs.
On the technical side, as part of Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 Ultra-Broadband family of products, the SurfBoard SB6141 tuner has flexibility of two individual capture bandwidth groups, each 96 MHZ. These downstream capture windows can be placed each on their own anywhere inside the 108 MHz to 1 GHz spectrum for deployment of new high-value services, such as bandwidth on-demand, commercial services, interactive gaming, and IPTV, to the customers. It includes a 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45) port and you can optionally activate dual-colored LEDs in order to have visual verification of bonded channels and GigE link use. For us it feels like the SurfBoard SB6141 is a very good competitive solution for any house, small home business, or even medium to large business enterprise.
Another thing we think is a very good addition. You can easily add the SurfBoard SB6141 to a family of SB6120s and SB6121s, all three models use the same firmware image so they work extremely well together. This lessens qualification time and eliminates a lot of the setup headaches.
- Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX computers
- DOCSIS 3.0 Compatible, including:
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 to expand network addressing capabilities
- Channel bonding of up to eight downstream channels and four upstream channels increasing data rates of over 300 Mbps for received data and over 100 Mbps when sending data
- Ability to provision and manage IP multicast
- GigE (RJ- 45) data port with Auto Negotiate and Auto MDIX
- Optional Mid-Split support for cable plants that can utilize the advantages of a 5 -85 MHz upstream spectrum
- Enhanced security: supports AES traffic encryption
- Enhanced network management
- Optional USB Device Port available
Here is a Wikipedia list of other Motorola products
Need Amazon Kindle Reader? Check out the Best Amazon Kindle Readers Comparison